Enter a keyword to search the entire website. Common search terms include account access, form information, contact details, etc.

  • Can I roll over another plan’s money into my MyCTSavings account?

    You can, but please consult with a tax expert or financial advisor before making any changes, to better understand any steps to take and restrictions that may apply. Rollovers from pre-tax retirement plans like 401(k)s and 403(b)s will be taxed to convert them from pre-tax to post-tax status for...

  • Can I take money from my MyCTSavings account?

    You can take money out of your Roth IRA at any time. There is no fee or penalty for withdrawing the contributions you make. However, investment earnings are subject to taxation and an additional penalty if taken out before you reach age 59½. There are penalties if you withdraw funds before you’ve...

  • Can I transfer my MyCTSavings money into another retirement savings account?

    Money in your Roth IRA can be transferred or rolled into another Roth IRA only. You should consult with a tax expert or financial advisor first.

  • Can my company join the program before its required date?

    You can join at any time. The required date though, is your deadline to comply.

  • Can the State use money from MyCTSavings to fund other programs?

    No. Your payroll contributions are deposited directly in your name into your account with MyCTSavings. Neither the State nor anyone else can access your account, and your account is not tied to any other retirement plans the State offers.

  • Can the State use money from this program to fund other programs?

    No. The money is yours, and only you can access your savings. Your assets are remitted directly to MyCTSavings on your behalf and are credited directly to your IRA account. The State cannot access your account for other purposes and your account is not tied to any other retirement plans offered by...

  • Can the State use money from this program to pay for other programs?

    No. Employees’ contributions go directly to the MyCTSavings accounts in their names. The State can’t use the money for anything else, and there is no connection to other retirement plans offered by the State.

  • Contact Us

    Have questions? Contact us. By phone: You can give our support team a call, Monday — Friday, 9 a.m. — 6 p.m. ET. Employer assistance: 1-833-811-7435 Saver assistance: 1-833-811-7436 By email: By mail: Have a form you need to mail in? Send mail to our program...

  • Contribution State IRA Template

    Payroll providers have an option to bulk upload employee payroll files or to enter the employee information manually. To ensure that you have all of the required employee information in advance, please use this template.

  • Contributions

    The standard contribution rate The default savings rate for a MyCTSavings account is 3% of your gross pay (the amount you earn before taxes), and that amount is deducted from your paycheck after taxes have been taken out. Change your rate anytime You can change your savings rate at any time to as...